Meditation is an ideal way to pray. Using God's word (Lectio Divina) allows me to hear, listen and reflect on what the Lord wants to say to me - to one of his disciples - just like He did two thousand years ago.
The best time to reflect is at the beginning of the day and for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
Prior to going to sleep, read the Mass readings for the next day and then, in the morning, reflect on the Meditation offered on this website.
I hope these daily meditations allow you to know, love and imitate the Lord in a more meaningful way.
God bless you!


Monday, September 27, 2010

Luke 9:46-50 Who Is The Greatest?

Luke 9: 46-50 Who Is The Greatest?

(Click here for reading)

Why do I love the Lord? Why do I follow him? Because he is the greatest! His love endures forever. His mercy endures forever. His heart belongs to me. His life was laid down for me. The Lord came into the world for me, he preached for me, he lived for me, was tortured because of me, and he died to save me. I will never fully understand what he did for me until I understand what I did to him.

I am married to Him. The Lord never broke a promise. A promise made is a promise kept. The Lord kept all his promises. “I will be with you till the end of time.” I cannot turn my back on such selfless love. The more I know, the more I love. The more I love the more I wish to be like him. Like Father, like son. Like son, like brother.

The Lord is the greatest because he is meek and humble of heart. He reaches out to the sinner, touches the leper, brings sight to the blind and understanding to the wicked. He goes after the lost sheep and carries them home. He breaks his back to carry the stray. He raises the dead; he saves the dead. He is a friend to all: sinner and saint; friend and enemy; follower and not. He is the lover of all.

Christ died on the Cross because he emptied himself. “It is finished” means “I have given you everything; I have nothing else to give.” This is the only way that God could die: By giving it all. He gave us his words, his deeds, his love and mercy, his compassion and kindness, his inner thoughts, his deepest desires; he revealed the mysteries of his Father’s kingdom. He prepared the mansion, a room for me. And if that were not enough, he personally gave to me His flesh and blood – the bread of life; and His last breath, the breath of life – the gift of the Holy Spirit.

“Whoever receives a child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me. For the one who is least among all of you is the one who is the greatest.” The Lord loves me more than life itself, especially the lost, the forgotten, the abandoned, the ridiculed, the scorned, the unpopular, the outcast, the loser, the lonely, the elderly, the bedridden, the child, the innocent, the abused, the ones who look at themselves and cannot help but say, “I am ugly”, “I hate myself”, “I am worthless.” The Lord came into the world to LOVE ME! He gives himself to me and he asks just one thing from me: “Lay down your life for another.” This I gladly do because he did it for me. I choose to love, to forgive and to give. I choose to live like Him for the rest of my life. I choose to give so that I may live.

I will do what he did. I will fight tooth and nail for what is good, right and holy. I will speak the Truth, live the Truth, love the Truth and share the Truth. There is no other god but Christ Jesus. He cannot be replaced. No possession will ever be able to take His place. He is my one possession. He is my life. He is the greatest because he is the Truth and His truth is this: You will never be replaced.

Lord, you humbled yourself to the extreme by dying on the cross for me. May I never take your love for granted; may I never seek what belongs to others. May I love, serve and live in you so that that you can love, serve and live through me. AMEN.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Father, you are right about the Lord!! He forgives always. Why is it so hard for us to forgive? How can I teach my children to forgive at an early age?

    God Bless, you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best way to teach our children to forgive is by forgiving them. We learn best by observing others. I know it sounds simple and I know it isn't. But it is the best way. I hope this helps and thank you for the great question. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother's theory is that kids fight so much because they need to learn how to forgive. Every time they fight ask the offender to say "please forgive me" (not just "I'm sorry") and to the offended "yes, I forgive you and I love you". This way they will learn at an early age to forgive and forget always and this will help them for the rest of their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. “Whoever receives a child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me. For the one who is least among all of you is the one who is the greatest.”

    Lord, help me be like a child. An innocent child, one that has not been hurt, abused, neglected, abandoned and rejected.

    Let me be like that child that knows no evil, one that trusts and loves, loves unconditionally, one that is open to receive love, Your love, one whose heart is filled with joy and peace, one that forgives as soon as an injury occurs, one that expects the good in others.

    Lord, if I cannot be that child, heal the wounds that are preventing me from coming to You as that innocent child I once was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Father, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord, please forgive for I am sinner. I love who I am not suppose to love.

    ReplyDelete

Updated: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. Comments must be concise and to the point.Comments are no longer accepted for posts older than 7 days.