Meditation is an ideal way to pray. Using God's word (Lectio Divina) allows me to hear, listen and reflect on what the Lord wants to say to me - to one of his disciples - just like He did two thousand years ago.
The best time to reflect is at the beginning of the day and for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
Prior to going to sleep, read the Mass readings for the next day and then, in the morning, reflect on the Meditation offered on this website.
I hope these daily meditations allow you to know, love and imitate the Lord in a more meaningful way.
God bless you!


Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mt 21:28-32 Changing Your Mind

Mt 21:28-32 Changing Your Mind

(Click here for readings)


A man had two sons. He came to the first and said, “Son, go out and work in the vineyard today.” The son said in reply, “I will not,” but afterwards he changed his mind and went. The man came to the other son and gave the same order. He said in reply, “Yes, sir,” but did not go. Which of the two did his father’s will?


I know far too many moms who would tell me that their child says "no" all the time, and mean it!


God must be getting his revenge on us, saying, “Now you know how I feel every single day when you say “no” to me, and mean it.


We are like children, so good and so bad. We can put up a fight for the most illogical reasons. The Lord instructs us to treat our body with respect. And what do we do? The opposite. Either we overeat, starve ourselves or tattoo or pierce ourselves to death! We live for the moment, for the thrills and frills. We are off. We are imbalanced. We clutch. We cling. We drown in our dreams and are buried by our nightmares. Music inspires us too much too soon. Money motivates us far more than it should. A kiss, a hug, a love overwhelms us to the point of breaking us. We don’t know how to live out the daily wonder of our lives!


We wait for Christmas to give a gift. We wait for an illness to seek forgiveness. We wait for death to gather together. We are so stubborn in our birth. We are so reluctant with our death.


What to do? Take your time but do not delay. Come to the Lord this Christmas. Make amends. Resolve conflicts. Seek those who have harmed you. Seek to follow the Lord in all that you do. Live passionately. Live life to the full. Give glory to God. Smile at the child in the manger. Embrace He who awaits you.


Stop pretending. Stop believing you are who you are not. Allow the Lord to come close to you. “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; and those who are crushed in spirit he saves. The Lord redeems the lives of his servants; no one incurs guilt who takes refuge in him.” (Ps 34)


I say, “Come, O Lord, do not delay!” He says, “Come, my child, and lay your weary head.”


Do not exaggerate the pain. Do not exaggerate the loss. “I will bless the Lord at all times! His praise shall be ever in my mouth. Let my soul glory in the Lord; the lowly will hear me and be glad.” (Ps 34)


Jesus said to the chief priests and the elders of the people, “Amen, I say to you, tax collectors and prostitutes are entering the Kingdom of God before you. When John came to you in the way of righteousness, you did not believe him, but they did. Yet even when you saw that, you did not later change your minds and believe in him.”


Say yes to the Lord at all times. Live out His Holy Will. I will say “yes” to the Lord. I will walk the talk. I will follow His path. I will not be swept away by vampires or dragons, monsters or creatures. I will stay on course. I will not be distracted. I will live out the wonder of my life. I will faithfully follow the giver of life. I will not allow the story of my life to end in mystery. I will what His Will demands. My story will end like His: happily ever after! And many minds will be changed.