Meditation is an ideal way to pray. Using God's word (Lectio Divina) allows me to hear, listen and reflect on what the Lord wants to say to me - to one of his disciples - just like He did two thousand years ago.
The best time to reflect is at the beginning of the day and for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
Prior to going to sleep, read the Mass readings for the next day and then, in the morning, reflect on the Meditation offered on this website.
I hope these daily meditations allow you to know, love and imitate the Lord in a more meaningful way.
God bless you!


Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mt 6:7-15 An Eye and A Prayer

Thursday of the Eleventh Week in Ordinary Time
Jesus said to his disciples:  “In praying, do not babble like the pagans, who think that they will be heard because of their many words.  Do not be like them.  Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.”
Instead of praying, we wish.  I wish my life were better…  I wish my spouse were dead…  I wish my job would pay better…
Instead of praying too much, we imagine way too much.   I wonder what my life will be like in five years…  I wonder what I will be doing in the future…  I wonder what I will look like in… 100,000 years?
Recently, I read a scientific article entitled, “What Will Humans look like in 100,000 years?”  The author is Dr. Alan Kwan, a PhD in Computational Genomics from Washington University.  The artist in the study, Nickolay Lamm, told the Daily News that this is “speculation based on reason.”  Wow!   Isn’t it amazing what reason can do for you, and how it can take you to your very own conclusions? 
Below are some pictures the so-called experts provided for us.  From what I can see, our eyes will change significantly in 100,000 years. 
 
[Lt] This is what most of us look like today.  [Rt] This is what we will look like in 100,000 years.
I don’t know about you, but aren’t you wondering why our brilliant scientists stopped at 100,000 years?  Why didn’t they show us what we will look like in say…200,000 years?  Are they concerned we will look something like the following:

Maybe…
Well, after reading this article, it’s clear to me that if religion is considered a “competitor” of science, then art must be as well.  After all, both God and artists keep taking us well into the future, and well before any scientist ever did!  Like God, artists are honest, creative and highly skilled and imaginative.  They go where no man has ever gone before!
Good humor aside, what will be important for man is that he keeps praying well into the future.  For if he wishes to celebrate his future it will take much more than big eyes to get there.  It will take big hearts (humility) and God’s grace!  It will take prayer, lots of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Updated: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. Comments must be concise and to the point.Comments are no longer accepted for posts older than 7 days.