Meditation is an ideal way to pray. Using God's word (Lectio Divina) allows me to hear, listen and reflect on what the Lord wants to say to me - to one of his disciples - just like He did two thousand years ago.
The best time to reflect is at the beginning of the day and for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
Prior to going to sleep, read the Mass readings for the next day and then, in the morning, reflect on the Meditation offered on this website.
I hope these daily meditations allow you to know, love and imitate the Lord in a more meaningful way.
God bless you!


Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mt 1:18-24 What Child Is This? (Part II)

Mt 1:18-24 What Child Is This? (Part II)

(Click here for readings)

In this fourth Sunday of Advent, we begin to witness those remarkable events that took place in our world and shook it to its rotten core. The world needed a burst of love and compassion. The Lord gave to us a love beyond all imagining.

Seek the Lord who continues to surprise. The Lord loves a surprise. His words are paradoxes that bring hidden truths to light. His words are a lamp for my feet. Mary was surprised. Joseph was surprised. The world was surprised. Could it be? Could God truly love us this much? The facts speak for themselves. Here we are, two thousand years later and we are still celebrating the birth of our Lord. Advent is full of beautiful surprises and great expectations. First, we celebrate the arrival of the infant child. Then, we celebrate the possibility of the second coming of the Lord. But most of all, I await with great anticipation the personal coming of the Lord into my life. Yes, Heaven to earth was not the impossible journey; that was the easiest. The most difficult journey the Lord must travel is from Heaven to my heart. He was successful in entering Joseph’s heart through a dream. He came into Mary’s heart from an angel. And now the Lord wishes to come into my life through the Sacraments. Have I received the Lord today? Have I gone to Confession? The Lord eagerly awaits a room in my heart. Give the Lord what he most desires: a place to rest, a place to work, a place to make holy.

Seek the Lord that makes all things new. It was Joseph’s intentions to divorce Mary quietly - to conceal her shame. That was the best that Joseph could do. However, the Lord had other plans. How many times has the Lord changed your plans? Is your life what you expected it to be when you were a child? Mine sure isn’t! I never expected this type of life in a million years!!! The Lord seeks to make all things new, especially our plans. How does the Lord make straight the path? By simply placing the right (or wrong) people in my life; by hiring me in this or that job; by driving or inviting his Divine Will into my life. Joseph thought he was doing Mary a favor. Instead, the Lord was doing both Mary and Joseph a favor. He invited both of them into his divine plan. Do you realize that you are a part of Salvation History? Once upon a time, someone in your family tree took a giant leap of faith and became a Roman Catholic Christian. It may have been last Easter or it may have been 1500 Easters ago. Regardless, someone took the giant leap of faith and embraced the giant faith and Sacraments we take so much for granted. Your decisions hold consequences that go far beyond our comprehension. I am or am not a Catholic because of someone’s decision before me. Allow the Lord to do great things through you. Be a LOVE GIFT to the world. Someone is waiting for it. Someone is dying to receive it. Someone is in need of it. Here I am, Lord. Send me into their world!

Seek the Lord that makes straight the path. How do I make the road straight again, especially after so many years? Easy. The Lord is near to us, especially in the Sacraments. Go and receive Him. This will make the path straight again. Give the Lord the final word. Give the Lord the victory. Allow the Lord to be with you, with us. "Do not be afraid" is repeated over 366 times. One for every day, including leap year! All things, all difficulties, all trials and tribulations, all misunderstandings will find a happy ending when we allow the Lord to come and stay with us.

I will never come to accept the child I am until I come to accept what Child is this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Updated: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. Comments must be concise and to the point.Comments are no longer accepted for posts older than 7 days.