Meditation is an ideal way to pray. Using God's word (Lectio Divina) allows me to hear, listen and reflect on what the Lord wants to say to me - to one of his disciples - just like He did two thousand years ago.
The best time to reflect is at the beginning of the day and for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
Prior to going to sleep, read the Mass readings for the next day and then, in the morning, reflect on the Meditation offered on this website.
I hope these daily meditations allow you to know, love and imitate the Lord in a more meaningful way.
God bless you!


Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Lk 1:46-56 Exultavit Humiles

Lk 1:46-56 Exultavit Humiles

(Click here for readings)

“The LORD raises the needy from the dust; from the dung heap he lifts up the poor, to seat them with nobles and make a glorious throne their heritage” (1 Sam 2:8).

My heart exults in the Lord, my Savior!

Heavenly Father, I am nothing without you. My heart can only exult in you, my Lord, my Savior! Where would I be without you? Forever Lost. Today is a big day. Today I must set my heart towards heaven. I must recommit myself to you, my God and my Lord.

Mary leads the way for she knows The Way! I shall proclaim the greatness of the Lord. Yes, proclaim his greatness. I will not allow the devil to ruin this day. I will not allow him to curse what is holy, to negate all that is good or to foil what must come. Mary proclaimed the greatness of the Lord. I shall do the same.

Mary’s yes turned into an eternal yes.

O Queen of Heaven and earth, all women look to you for virtue. They imitate you by placing all difficulties and trials into your heart, which is your Son’s heart. All men look upon you as their mother. You are radiant. You love. You show your tenderness upon your children by interceding for all humanity. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be worthy of the promises of your Son.

The Lord said to Mary, “You have nothing to fear.” Today, the Lord said this to me. I shall not fear. I shall not give into temptation. How can I? He has shown the strength of his arm. He raises the meek and humble of heart and crushes the pride of men. He lifts his finger for the poor, the sick, the lonely and the abandoned. He has mercy on those who fear him. All generations who have turned to the Lord have seen the strength, the power, the glory of the Lord. Turn to Him for He is our God and Savior. Turn to Him and fear no more!

O Mother, I turn to you today and ask you for your blessing. Mary, you saw your son, you saw his heavenly face. Allow all who are united in prayer to experience a glimpse, a flash of your Son’s face. How I wish to see his love, his mercy, his compassion. How I wish to experience his warmth, his breath, his hand upon my face. I need this Mary. I wish to know the Lord simply in my heart. I know why I must love him. Today, I wish to experience him; I wish to draw near to him.

Mary spent three months with her cousin Elizabeth. Mary, stay with me and bless my home, my family, my work, my prayer, my heart and my life with your presence. Carry your son into my heart for I need him there with me.


1 comment:

  1. Father,
    I am doing some serious prayer and fasting for you:)

    ReplyDelete

Updated: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. Comments must be concise and to the point.Comments are no longer accepted for posts older than 7 days.