Meditation is an ideal way to pray. Using God's word (Lectio Divina) allows me to hear, listen and reflect on what the Lord wants to say to me - to one of his disciples - just like He did two thousand years ago.
The best time to reflect is at the beginning of the day and for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
Prior to going to sleep, read the Mass readings for the next day and then, in the morning, reflect on the Meditation offered on this website.
I hope these daily meditations allow you to know, love and imitate the Lord in a more meaningful way.
God bless you!


Friday, October 7, 2011

Lk 11:15-26 He Drives Out Demons!

Lk 11:15-26 He Drives Out Demons!

(Click here for readings)


When Jesus had driven out a demon, some of the crowd said, “By the power of Beelzebul, the prince of demons, he drives out demons.”


How do I know that I am not working for Beelzebul? Or better, how do I know that I am working for the Lord? Am I a servant of the Lord or am I serving Beelzebul? Am I a servant of the Lord or am I serving myself! Am I…


Serving Others? Do I serve someone in order to get something from them? Am I trying to impress someone by my sweet words or grab their attention by my obvious stares and romantic gestures in order to be loved? Do I love myself more than the beloved? Am I working hard to build myself up rather than them? Do I do things in secret? Do I think of what is best? The question is simple: Do I consider the person I love more important than myself? Will I serve them out of love or to get some love?


The problems we face in the world are not caused by a lack of self love but rather by too much self love! The Lord, by driving out demons, drives himself out. He is successful because he is sacrificial. He is able to give because He continues to receive. By serving others He serves His purpose.


Understood? How can we drive out all misunderstandings? When love is Christian, it is unconditional and there are no misunderstandings. All misunderstandings fade away. All walls come crumbling down. All barriers become useless! If you wish to be someone’s friend, then it should be unconditional. If you love someone, then it should be unconditional. If you pray for your friend, it should be as if he were your enemy! If you trust me in small matters, then you can trust me in what matters most - unconditionally. If I can kiss you, then I should be able to lay down my life for you. Misunderstandings originate when we tell someone we love them but do not follow through. Love becomes honest when we begin being honest with ourselves.


Christ’s love was crystal clear because He said what He did and did what He said. He lost His life but not His love, for when you lay down your life your giving all your love. Today, I died to myself so that I could love someone more than myself. I seek to understand. I hope to God to be understood!


Driving out Demons? Last night I spent over six hours at a sophomore retreat, a young lady came to me with tears in her eyes. Her boyfriend had dumped her. I looked at this little girl, smiled, and pointed my finger at her. I told her, “A boy doesn’t dump a diamond. He loses it. You, my dear girl, are a diamond. He didn’t dump you. He lost you!”


I feel like I drove out many demons (including my own) that day, and it wasn’t by the power of Beelzebul; it was by the power of God who is love. I know it wasn’t the devil because it was a day full of tears and pain! But last night as I looked up in the sky I saw five stars, one brighter than the others. I hope one day to drive out demons, to serve others and to understand and be understood.