Meditation is an ideal way to pray. Using God's word (Lectio Divina) allows me to hear, listen and reflect on what the Lord wants to say to me - to one of his disciples - just like He did two thousand years ago.
The best time to reflect is at the beginning of the day and for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
Prior to going to sleep, read the Mass readings for the next day and then, in the morning, reflect on the Meditation offered on this website.
I hope these daily meditations allow you to know, love and imitate the Lord in a more meaningful way.
God bless you!


Saturday, October 16, 2010

Luke 12:8-12 Acknowledging the Lord in the Small

Luke 12: 8-12 Acknowledging the Lord of the Small

(Click here for readings)

"Everyone who acknowledges me before others the Son of Man will acknowledge before angels of God.” These words bring comfort to my ears and a challenge to my heart and mind. This is what I must do. This is what my life is all about: to acknowledge, to bring to light, the mighty presence of the Lord all the days of my life. But how? what does the Lord ask of me?

Acknowledge His Living Presence

The Lord is present and active in our lives. How can I keep from singing his praise! I adore the Lord. I thank the Lord. I ask for forgiveness from the Lord. I pray to the Lord for all my needs and for the needs of others. I pray. As I pray I adore, thank, request and ask for forgiveness. My prayer is His prayer. I seek the Lord in silence, solitude and simplicity. This is the key to power, unity and authority. “You have given your Son rule over the works of your hands” (Ps 8:7).

Acknowledge His Love

I will never be able to love as the Lord loves me. But I can die trying. I will never be able to give as the Lord gives to me, but I can risk trying. I will never be able to forgive as the Lord forgives me. But I can always keep trying. How many times must I forgive? As many as there are people. The Lord always provides opportunities to imitate him. This morning I received a text from a high school student, “Hope you have a superb day. If you encounter an angry person, just smile and pray for them…they will eventually change.” Yes. Theology made simple by the saints.

Acknowledge His Authority

“When I behold your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars which set in place – what is man that you should be mindful of him, or the son of man that you should care for him?” Whoever denies the Lord denies himself, limits himself and distorts himself. Whoever denies the Lord denies the Holy Spirit, denies love and considers our world just a pale blue dot. Whoever denies the Lord, gives power to rulers, emperors, Pharisees and chief priests. Whoever denies the Lord hands over the Lord, kills the Lord, and kills himself. Whoever accepts the Lord acknowledges him as Lord and Savior, King and Ruler, Friend and Father, Love and Provider. Whoever accepts the Lord, sees the Lord in greatness through meekness.

Today, I will remain faithful to the Lord in the small details of my tiny life. In this way, I will show those I meet that there is power in silence, unity in solitude and authority in simplicity. We are not some pale blue dot or mishmash of cells. We believe and adore a God who became one of us, tiny, and taught the world authentic authority, presence and love.

[Note: The image above was taken by Voyager in 1990 from roughly 4 billion miles away. It is the furthest picture ever taken of Earth.]

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these daily reflections and meditations. They do help me come closer to the Catholic Church and more importantly God.

    also want to say your sermon today was good. still like the popeyes/pope yes! I'm a little like that gentleman you spoke of today. I'm a little lost in life, but thankfully i think i'm finding my way back.

    ReplyDelete

Updated: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. Comments must be concise and to the point.Comments are no longer accepted for posts older than 7 days.