Meditation is an ideal way to pray. Using God's word (Lectio Divina) allows me to hear, listen and reflect on what the Lord wants to say to me - to one of his disciples - just like He did two thousand years ago.
The best time to reflect is at the beginning of the day and for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
Prior to going to sleep, read the Mass readings for the next day and then, in the morning, reflect on the Meditation offered on this website.
I hope these daily meditations allow you to know, love and imitate the Lord in a more meaningful way.
God bless you!


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mt 10:1-7 Go To the Lost Sheep




Matthew 10:1-7

Go to the Lost Sheep


Who do I seek? “Seek always the face of the Lord.” This must be the love of our life. These words, found today in our responsorial psalm, are powerful and profound. The Apostles were nourished by them as they lived by Him. They sought the Lord and the Lord chose them, all twelve, even the betrayer. Judas is mentioned as a reminder: I can love something else and turn it into a god! The Apostles lived, breathed, labored, suffered, and died – not for an ideal– but for a person. We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ! Who do you seek?

What do I seek? To dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life! This must be the goal of our life. Anything else is an embarrassment. Begin today and toil for what endures forever. Endure pain and suffering for Him who suffered and died for us. Do not fear anything, for the one who lifts us up and prepares a place in His Father’s mansion loves us. What greater glory than to work for the Master of the vineyard. The work I do for the Lord, do I realize that it is priceless? That our curriculum vitae is written in the walls of the New Jerusalem forever? Yes, we still live with the consequences of original sin, it’s in our DNA. But where sin exists, grace abounds and its impact is awful (“full of awe”). Love is more powerful than evil. Forgiveness, mercy and compassion, that is, Grace, destroys evil and annihilates death, “Death, where is thy sting?” It has been removed from the tree of life. And a life of grace has emerged. The Lord instructed us to labor for good, because it is possible to destroy the cycle of pain and re-create the face of the earth! Heaven on earth! Thy Kingdom Come! What do you seek?

What must I do? Go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. The Lord has called us into existence. Today, right now, who do I want to see become a fervent Catholic? Who am I praying for? “Go, make this proclamation: ‘The Kingdom of heaven is at hand.’” Life on high in Christ Jesus awaits someone. We cannot be selfish with the grace (talents) the Lord has given us. Even the dogs are worthy of the scraps! Twelve Apostles went out and preached the Good News. They did not come back empty handed. Are we not better prepared than they were? Is the world not in need anymore? We know the answers to these questions. Then, what are we waiting for? What do we have to lose? It was Peter who finally opened the doors that locked the Apostles in. And once those doors were opened, they were never shut again! The first day of any new day is always the most challenging, but it is also the most exciting. Fling open the doors and take a leap of faith. Exercise your faith by sharing your faith. Enrich your faith by deepening your faith. This gift is more precious than all the pearls and treasures stored on earth, for it is the treasure that came down from heaven! What must you do? You know the answer.

1 comment:

  1. I see so many people that I love dearly living in complete misery. And I have not really shared my faith with them out of fear of "how they will take it" or that it might push them farther away.

    Yet they are getting downright wrong information from other sources and not even discerning it, but accepting it as truth.

    Although, I make 'safe' comments and interjections, I haven't taken the risk to just share from my heart why I came back, will never leave and why I love the Church that Jesus built upon Peter.

    It's crazy, what do I have to lose? They're my family, they can't leave me. Do I care what they think? They already think I'm too religious, just because I go to church regularly.

    Thank you Father, for making me think about someone else's salvation today.

    ReplyDelete

Updated: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. Comments must be concise and to the point.Comments are no longer accepted for posts older than 7 days.