Meditation is an ideal way to pray. Using God's word (Lectio Divina) allows me to hear, listen and reflect on what the Lord wants to say to me - to one of his disciples - just like He did two thousand years ago.
The best time to reflect is at the beginning of the day and for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
Prior to going to sleep, read the Mass readings for the next day and then, in the morning, reflect on the Meditation offered on this website.
I hope these daily meditations allow you to know, love and imitate the Lord in a more meaningful way.
God bless you!


Saturday, July 10, 2010

Mt 10:24-33 Here I Am Lord, Send Me


Matthew 10: 24-33

Today, this morning, let us pray with all our hearts these words, "Here I am Lord, send me" (Isaiah 6:8) and allow the Lord of life to be the Master of my life - to do with me what he did for us; to be a grain of wheat and die so that others may have life. These words from Isaiah are his response to God's invitation. We know that Isaiah was given the toughest job on earth to the toughest people ever: the Jews. Do we expect any less of a challenge? Forget it! The Lord reminds his Apostles over and over again, "No slave is greater than his Master, no disciple greater than his teacher...if they persecuted me, they will persecute you.".

In other words, and in today's language, "if they call me crazy, they will do the same to you!" We should stop thinking of ourselves as more privileged than our Lord. Whoever speaks the Gospel will be labeled a fanatic, a lunatic an idiot. But the world is on a collision course with Truth.

A great teacher of mine once asked our class "How many legs does a dog have?" We all smiled because it was the easiest question he had ever asked. All of us answered, "Four!" Then he proceeded, "Now, if we call the tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have?" We all answered with just as much confidence as before, "Five!" He told us that we were all relativists - a bad word in Philosophy. He explained to us that a tail will never be a leg regardless of what we call it - because it isn't by its very nature. The same is true for same sex marriage. It doesn't matter what you call it, it will never be a marriage by the very nature of what marriage is.

Words have meaning because of the truth that nature reveals to man. God exists; the 10 Commandments are here to stay; Christians will be persecuted and hated regardless of whether or not you agree or disagree. Christians will be persecuted because by their very definition they are a sign of contradiction. They are also by definition "to be another Christ.". So don't sweat it, enjoy it.

The Lord tells us to reveal what is concealed - that is, to reveal His Love for us; to let it be known to all the world the greatest secret ever known - that Christ died for us and rose from the dead for us; to proclaim from the housetops, street corners and neighborhood windows that we should be afraid of the one who can kill both the body and the soul!!! But that the darkness did not overcome the light. "So do not be afraid...whoever acknowledges me before others I will acknowledge before my Heavenly Father." With an introduction like that, who would be worried?

Let us ask the Lord for his grace upon us, to speak his word faithfully, to share his word convincingly and to die to his word lovingly.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, this was worth the wait! The best meditaion yet! It actually stirred my heart and got me excited!

    I am not going to be afraid of being called or thought of as crazy for Jesus or for actually trying to live the gospel every day of the week by my family and friends who don't get it or even want it!

    I'm going to go out there for love of Him and love of them and boldly and lovingly be a Christian. They're not even screaming at me, spitting on me, beating me, or crucifying me.

    What are a few words and thoughts going to do, but keep me from heaven?

    ReplyDelete

Updated: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. Comments must be concise and to the point.Comments are no longer accepted for posts older than 7 days.